نوع مقاله : مقاله علمی
1 دانش آموخته گروه مشاوره، واحد رودهن، دانشگاه آزاد اسلامی، رودهن، ایران
2 گروه مشاوره، دانشکده مشاوره، دانشگاه آزاد اسلامی واحد رودهن
عنوان مقاله [English]
The purpose of the present study was to predict the internet addiction based on depression and sensation-seeking in female students. The research method was correlation and the statistical population consisted of female students of the second and third grade secondary schools who were studying in the public schools in district 8 of Tehran during the school year 2015-2016. 240 persons were selected as a sample by multi-stage randomized sampling. Beck Depression (2000), Zuckerman Sensation-seeking (1978), and Young's Internet Addiction questionnaires (1998) were implemented. The results of the data analysis with Pierson correlation method and multivariate hierachical regression indicated that there is a positive and significant correlation between depression and components of sensation-seeking with Internet addiction (p <0.01). Depression can predict 29.1% and components of sensation-seeking predict 3.9% of addiction in the sample group by and (and both variants of depression and components of sensation-seeking in total of 33%). The findings also showed that the four components of sensation-seeking predict the only component of adventure positively and significantly predict the addiction to Internet (p<0.01, b=0.19).